Saturday, April 30, 2011

I take my guard duties very seriously

Mom says it's the German Shepherd in me. I am a GREAT guard dog (if I do say so myself).  I keep watch on the front of the house to make sure the wild trolls who pass by on their way to and from wild troll school don't attack. I also patrol the neighbourhood for squirrels and various other outdoor scampering creatures, like the neighbour's Chihuahua who I suspicion is possibly a squirrel in disguise.

Then comes food coverage. I am not a food crazy boy. I like treats and bacon and steak with the best of 'em, but I am not food motivated. HOWEVER, when Mom and NotTheMomma had The People over for da Easter holiday I decided it was my job to guard the people-snack buffet table from The People.  Mom noticed what a good job I was doing when The Lady People came out the kitchen and headed for the people-snack buffet table. I jumped to my feet and beat The Lady People to the people-snack buffet table, head down, eyes wary, low growl starting to rumble up from my massive, deep chest. Mom walked over and gave me an "ah ah" which to me means "thanks for the skillful guarding Gus I'll take it from here."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gus, well we'd definitely do what you told us - you're a lot bigger and louder than us! However our human says we have the biggest mouths in the street - he ha!! Nice to meet you, Dex & Louis x

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOL Gus! I am not fooled by your food 'guard dooty'. I know you wanted all those snacks for yourself! *whispers* Was there some of Momma's and NotTheMomma's great cheese on that table?!?

    Later, dood.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOF! squirrels pretending to be chihuahuas?!?! also, nice job guarding the buffet.

    ReplyDelete